Terrible things happened to Jesus on that day but we call it Good Friday. That’s because the focus is on the result, the outcome of all He suffered.
- He was arrested/imprisoned – I have liberty
- He was scourged – By those stripes, I am healed
- He was punished – I have peace
- He became a curse by hanging on the tree – Every curse is broken in my life
- He was rejected – I am accepted into God’s family
- He died – I have eternal life
There’s so much more. I can’t tell it all. Words are not enough. What a beautiful exchange.
- He took my pain, my sin, my guilt, my shame, my curse
- He took my sickness, my infirmities, my condemnation
- He took my death sentence
But that’s not how the story ends!
- He conquered death and the grave
- He disarmed spiritual rulers and authorities – I live above their oppression
- On the third day, JESUS ROSE!!! Victoriously… Triumphantly… With Authority (in the words of Kurt Carr in his beautiful song – They Didn’t Know)
Jesus is alive and all who believe in Him have access to all these benefits.
The Bible says ‘If we confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead, we will be saved’ – Romans 10:9
If you haven’t done this already, today is a perfect day for you to be saved. If you have, then it’s a good time to rejoice in the Lord and give thanks to Him.