It’s December already! Can you believe it? Soon we’ll be singing carols, going on vacation or traveling home for the holidays, giving and receiving gifts… and then that special moment will come when we gather in central locations with loved ones or with total strangers to count down… 10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! And we’ll scream, shout, laugh, cry, hug, kiss, slap high-fives, pop champagne, eat chocolate cake and just be merry. I can’t wait!
2017 has been quite a year, hasn’t it? During the thanksgiving service today, we were asked to write down all the reasons we could recall for being grateful to God. I had mine scattered all over my journal so I decided to write them all out on one page. By the time we had to stop, I was on number nineteen and I wasn’t done. So I’ve got some work left to do.
There’s so much to be grateful for. January to December is a long time and you’re still here. You made it this far. I pray that God will see you through to 2018. Have you written your list yet?
I’ll share a few of my testimonies:
- A friend who got married years ago finally had a baby this year
- Another friend who really wanted to get married finally did so this year
- Micah’s reading has really improved. His siblings were best pupil overall and best maths pupil in the past session
- Diseases healed
- Sins forgiven
- Preservation of life and general wellbeing – family and friends
- Projects completed
- Speaking & singing engagements
- My Whole Life & No Other God single releases
If I had more time, I would have added:
- Safe travels
- Safety on the job and at home
- Love and peace in my home
- Streams of income
- Fresh food in Eket
- A sound mind
What are you grateful for?
I encourage you to write your own list today. It’ll be worth your while.